U.W. Marx ranks among the largest and most respected General Contractors in the Capital Region and surrounding area.
For over 50 years U.W. Marx has made a visible impact on the local landscape, constructing architecturally impressive, aesthetically pleasing and functionally sound structures that can be enjoyed by all!
WHAT IS GENERAL CONTRACTING?
The General Contractor takes responsibility for building a project based on a design developed by an architect or engineer. A qualified and bonded General Contractor will typically complete the structure, shell, and interior components of a project with its own carpenters, masons, and laborers. Other trade work (sitework, windows, flooring, painting, roofing, HVAC, plumbing, electrical) is subcontracted and closely coordinated and managed by the General Contractor. The General Contractor, either for a competitive bid or negotiated “Lump Sum Amount,” will take all the risk of managing and coordinating the trade workers, subcontractors and material suppliers. This is done in order to complete the project as designed, for the agreed upon cost, and within a specified time frame.
On most publicly funded projects in New York State, the disciplines of HVAC, electrical, and plumbing are broken down into their own respective contracts, as required by the WICKES LAW, and placed on equal status as the General Contractor. All other work usually remains under the control of the General Contractor. The final product, the physical building referred to as the “bricks and mortar,” is a direct reflection on the quality of the general contractor’s efforts.
The General Contracting Division at U.W. Marx, Inc.
The U.W. Marx, Inc. General Contracting Division has been successful for more than fifty years in large part due to its strict attention to detail and the determination and pride to perform quality work.
The division has completed numerous projects throughout Upstate New York and Western New England. U.W. Marx typically employs 100 to 250 skilled trades people, depending on the time of year and current workload.
– President of U.W. Marx Construction Company
We deliver what we promise, no matter how difficult the project.”
FEATURED GENERAL CONTRACTING PROJECTS
- 555-ONE at DeLaet’s LandingAnthony Troia2020-07-30T19:51:32+00:00
- New Water Treatment Plant, Indian Lake, NYAnthony Troia2020-07-30T18:06:52+00:00
- New Albert Wisner Public Library, Warwick NYAnthony Troia2020-07-30T18:05:49+00:00
- Capital District Transportation Authority – New Rensselaer Rail StationAnthony Troia2020-07-30T18:22:05+00:00
- Franklin D. Roosevelt Presidential Library, Museum & Home SiteAnthony Troia2020-07-30T18:38:11+00:00
- Clarkson University – Moore House ExpansionAnthony Troia2020-07-31T13:33:23+00:00
- UAlbany Gen*NY*Sis Center for Excellence in Cancer Genomics, SUNY Albany East CampusAnthony Troia2020-07-31T13:37:45+00:00
- SUNY NANO QUAD C – Core & Shell ConstructionAnthony Troia2020-07-31T13:39:25+00:00
- Hudson Valley Community College – New Parking Garage AAnthony Troia2020-07-31T13:41:16+00:00
- Hudson Valley Community College – New Administration BuildingAnthony Troia2020-07-31T13:43:54+00:00
- Hudson Valley Community College – Design-Build New Joseph L. Bruno StadiumAnthony Troia2020-07-31T14:07:10+00:00
- New Science Center, Hudson Valley Community CollegeAnthony Troia2020-07-31T14:09:03+00:00