U.W. Marx has taken a leadership role in sustainable, 'green' building construction. As a corporate member of the U.S. Green Building Council, U.W. Marx currently employs 3 LEED® Accredited Professionals on its Project Management Team, and was one of the first firms in upstate NY to employ a Chief Sustainability Officer.
U.W. Marx CSO Wayne Williams, LEED® AP, served on the Board of Directors of the U.S. Green Building Council’s NY Upstate Chapter from 2007-2011, serving terms as Vice Chair of the Board, as well as Chair of the organization’s Nominations Committee and Governance Task Force.
Mr. Williams has provided LEED® Management and/or sustainable construction review services for the following U.W. Marx projects:
- The New Science Center at Hudson Valley Community College, Troy, NY
- 'Greening of the Executive Mansion Project', LEED® Gold Certification, NYS Executive Mansion, Albany, NY
- The New Albert Wisner Public Library, Warwick, NY
- RSL-II Laboratory Renovations, Brookhaven National Laboratory, Upton, NY
- The Stony Creek Public Library Renovation and Adaptive Re-use Project, Stony Creek, NY
- The New Administration Building, Hudson Valley Community College, Troy, NY
- Saugerties Public Library Additions, Renovation and Restoration, Saugerties, NY
In addition to his responsibilities at U.W. Marx, Mr. Williams is also a Certified LEED® Contractor Trainer for the USGBC NY Upstate Chapter 4-Hour Program, and has been working closely with the Associated General Contractors of New York State (AGC NYS) since the fall of 2007 on LEED Training and Development for the organization's 200+ General Contractor Membership. He is an Accredited Instructor for the AGC of America's 8-Hour 'Building to LEED-NC, Overview and Impact on Construction Practices' Course.